Where did my muggin spirit go?

I was reading Shaun's blog and it suddenly occur to me...my mugging spirit left me since I entered uni..hahaha

I rem when I was in JC, history used to scare the shit outta me. When we were in yr 2, we had this history teacher from hell. He was a HCJC and LSE scholar,and a true-blue slave driver. He is Mr Andrew Lim.

I rem the days where we had 70 essays to write in a one month holiday.

I rem we had to do a research essay every week. I rem having to do a tutorial essay everyday and everyone will be assigned one to present. In a month, each of us at least will get to present once.<

Rem how we always grumble we r majoring history, and minoring in other subjects. Becoz out of 7 days a week, bout 5.5 days was probably devoted to studying history.

I rem how hard we had to plough thru the super thick notes becoz Mr Lim check for highlighting. I rem he said:"You guys should read ur notes. u noe why? becoz these stack of notes, is like a barren piece of land. When left virgin, will nv be strampled upon again."

I rem how he shouted at us on the 1st day of our becoz only 3 of us in the entire faculty managed to finish his 70 essays. I rem he said:"U tink u can walk into the examination hall and wait for divine inspiration to strike on u? OH PLEASE. Even the lightning needs a high point to strike."

Gosh i miss those days. Honestly i do.

I used to mug so hard and feel that sense of achievement when I could write an 8 pages essay within 45 min (of coz answering it with relevance).

It was all gone when I came into SMU. I dunno why. Maybe that explains my lousy grades :S.

We may haf hated him back then. But Shaun, i totally agree wif u. He's one hell of a great teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top