GE 2011

This year has been exciting. It's my first time voting (because I wasn't of age the previous round plus we were walkover anyway) and it's also the election that has the most seats contested historically.

I'm thrilled that WP managed to secure a GRC and also kept their original SMC. My heart definitely goes out to Mr Chiam who has fought fiercely for us Singaporeans for the last 27 years.

This is Singapore's first step to something new and I believe the next election would definitely be exciting as well.

Well done to those Singaporeans who have made your vote count, be it you voted for the incumbent or the alternative voices. Thanks to this election, I have learned more about Singapore's political history than I ever did in school. This is also probably the first time B*loomberg, the E*conomist, C*NBC, Wall S*treet Journal and NY Times writes so extensively about our political situation.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top