The gathering at 8 Treasures Vegetarian Restaurant

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I last saw some of the girls! (I mean besides WenLing whom I meet up every now and then for meals and skating at ECP). So proud to say we all still look pretty much the same. Zenna went from class chairman back when we were 13-16 year olds, to now being a boss at her dad's restaurant. "Bossy streaks never goes away!". What a crazy hilarious meetup :)

Left to right (top row): WenLing, Julia, Yunwen, Jiayan, Zenna (in specs)
Left to right (bottom row): Me, Alicia, Jillene
It was difficult for Zenna to get away from her duties at the restaurant so we had the gathering there instead! To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of vegetarian food. Well mainly because I'm not a vegetarian... HAHA. 8 Treasures surely has changed that! 

Salted fried "chicken" made from soya beans - damn they taste real. 
One of my favourite dishes for the night - vegetarian satay! Looks like the real deal, and definitely taste like the real one too! 
This was my favourite dish of the night - mainly because I'm a sucker for fried stuff. But who knows deep fried lotus root taste so good??
Round 2 when the other half of the gang arrived - we had ahsam fish, Stir-fried kidney, GongPao Chicken - of course all were vegetarian. LOL
I'm definitely going back 8 Treasures Vegetarian with my parents one of these days - the food's great and ambience is perfect for family gatherings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top