Time sure flies...

It's more than a year since I arrived in Beijing and exactly a year since I left it. Time sure flies.

Was there when the world was still 392 days away from Olympics:

Was there when preparation was still underway:

Was there when the air was really bad:

For some reason, I yearn to be back right now. To rejoice with the capital on its first giant step towards the international platform tomorrow. I don't care about the bad reviews people are throwing at China.

I only know China really is doing her best.

I recall their waitresses' attempts to speak broken English. I recall the cab driver asking me to teach him simple English phrases because "外国人要来看中国,咱们不能丢国家的脸."

I hope for the best for Beijing in hosting its first major international event.

北京, 准备好了. =))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top