NUSWS Intempo 2008

This is a wayyyyyy overdue entry. Pardon me. I've been busy..erm..sleeping. HAHAHA

Went for NUS Wind Symphony's concert: Intempo 2008 coz Alan and Daniel were both performing.

I went off to school on Friday to check on my half dead hard disk:
There it is, bare-naked and exposed on the table.

So it turned out that the connecting part was screwed. So yea, I just need to change the casing. So I started the day with the change of casing first. I checked with Shunhao that Funan IT mall is nearer to City Hall so I recite to myself in the head quite a number of times I NEED TO GET DOWN AT CITY HALL.

And yea, I got down at Bugis for no apparent reason. Like I was in a trance or something. Geez

Anyway, I waited for another train, and TADA! met Huifang. Things happen for a reason man. Hahahaha

I bade Huifang goodbye since she was heading off to school and me to Funan. I changed the casing for $8~~~!

Realised I didn't have much time left, I quickly took a train down to Clementi to meet Jiahui.

I have the intention to arrive early so I could grab a bite and mug since the concert was at 5pm. It turned out...there was no frigging place to mug at Clementi!

I totally realised how lucky I am to be an SMU student...cafes, fast food outlets and good mugging spots are like aplenty in City Hall la...:(

So I decide to head out to the hawker ctr and see if there was any nice food. I vividly remembered saying that I wanted fried carrot cake, but it came as fried kway teow. -_-

It's a day of mistakes. Wonder what's wrong with the brain.

I got angry for not eating my fried carrot cake and bought 2 snickers:
Felt so much better after eating one. Hahahaha.

Oh! I found your calling, Mr Sng:
Just had to take a shot of it while waiting for Jiahui.

Jiahui came shortly, with his gang of NTU project mates, and I was the only SMU one (terribly outnumbered but it's ok). Anyway we headed off to take bus while Jiahui tells me the story of Rule #1, the latest creepy movie on screen.

It was before long we reached NUS:
I'm not used to a big campus. SMU is still the compact little school I like. Hahahaha.

University Cultural Ctr:
With the crooked V that is. Hahaha. Gawd I haven't visit this place since I was in J1, when we came for the Tokyo Kosei's performance. It was unforgettable lo.

They were having their Arts Fest, which ours was over a pretty long time ago. Their Arts Fest is called "A&E" which means "Arts & Entertainment":


And then I saw this:
Behaviourial Finance! Jiahui asked if I wanna skip class on Wednesday for it. Hahaha. I can't! Have class till 6.45pm lo! How to come :(

We got our program booklet:
The empty stage:
Yea we sat damn in front. And given Alan and Daniel are Tuba players, figure why we were sitting there. Hahahaa.

The tuning:


That's them on stage:
A.K = Alan Koh
D.K = Daniel Kang

Performance was good except for the last piece. Well the whole band played really well except for on brass trombone player who was blasting away (in a very flat tone), which had me and Shiyuan covering our ears.

We headed out to the main area and met Cedric as well, who was playing trombone. And I met Firdaus as well, who was playing Brass Trombone (no he wasn't the one blasting).

Then it was a series of secretly taking fotos of pple:

And then we left first for dinner/supper, with Alan joining us later.

While waiting for the bus. I saw the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music building just opposite us. Started wondering if I had any friends who studied there. Kinda remembered Firdaus saying he wanted to go there but in the end he went Arts and Social Science instead. Think it will be so cool that I have a friend studying music man. Just like the conductor for the night who said that he called up his good friend, Johan de Meij (the one who arranged the last piece for the concert which was like 50 min long!) for the scores. It's like WOW. Imagine I have a friend who can call up Hans Zimmer (arranger of Lion King's music) and ask for the score.

HAHA.

Anyway, We went back to home ground at Bedok and started eating.

And then Alan came along to join us at around 9 plus 10. And they ordered this weird watermelon dessert which I had no appetite for anymore:

We ended the day with Lion King, concert of the night, NUS, NTU and SMU once again (since we were all from different schools), online games,internships, graduations..blah blah.

On a side note, I have to teach Lionel Chinese now coz his recent Hanyu PinYin quiz got like zero marks :S

And so my new presents for him:
I realised his pencils were all not sharpened when I was teaching him spelling and decide to help him sharpen. I dug out all his pencils and sharpened them all. Hahaha:
I marked the assignment I gave him last Sat, and realise, his English still needs a lot of improving:
Ok! That's it for updates!!!!

I am going to sleep.

HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top