2 sides to a coin

My boss called a moment ago. Reminding me to count in the 3 hours I clocked today at the office, although I didn't do anything much besides help shift some things at the new office and buying lunch for everyone with him.

He mentioned that he had a feeling I would be embarrassed to include that 3 hours because I didn't do any proper accounting work. He was right.

"I treat you like my daughter and friend at the same time. I don't wish to have you worried about that money issue. I just want to be a blessing to you and your family until you get the job you want. And I've been praying very hard that you get the job you want too. Because you are like my daughter, but yet somebody I can joke with as a friend. If you don't count in that 3 hours, I'll very heartbroken."
I was very touched. Because even in his dire financial situation, he always wanted to be a blessing to me. It reminds me of what happened this morning.
I was pouring water out from a flask when the lid came loose and water went splashing all over the table.
Father: "Can't you be more careful with the flask?"
Me: "I didn't know the lid was loose."
Father: "That didn't happen when I pour water!"
Me: "Then I must be down on my luck."
*I took a cloth to wipe the table*
Father: "See now water is all over the table!"
*continue wiping*
Father: "No wonder you can't get a job! Coz you are always acting like such a know-it-all!"
*finish wiping and left the kitchen with my drink*
What did I do to deserve that? I dunno. I only know it made me cry 10 min later in the bathroom.
It made me wonder. Boss mentioned before I'm like a daughter, but he can share with me whatever he can't share with his kids. From another perspective, I am my father's daughter. 
Is he like my boss - who holds back good words from his children?
I dunno. I only know I've always hated my father's verbal abuse although I know half the time he doesn't really talk with his grey matter activated. 
But whatever, I'm going down for a run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top