SMU Commencement 2008

After all the fun and laughters from Grad Nite, it was time to don the official graduation gown and go through the ceremony.

The ceremony to mark the official end of my 16 years of education.

I was home late the previous night (due to Grad Nite,and thank god I didn't go St James Power House or Zouk with the rest of the crowd), I didn't get up until 10am. No worries though since we only have to arrive at 1pm. Haha

My parents were super cute because it seemed that they were excited for the graduation ceremony (the last one they attended was their own like donkey years ago..). My mum was fussing over which pearl necklace should she wear, and my dad fussing over which tie he should wear. My sis was super chilled about everything because she wasn't attending (haha).

My mum helping my dad with his tie:
Photobucket

Commencement 2008! Should have taken a solo pict here. Lol:
Photobucket

I went off to the dressing room to change into my gown while my parents go roam ard Suntec because it was too early. The dressing room:
Photobucket

Changed!:
Photobucket
Youfen and me

Photobucket
Ron and me. Talk about a ghostly presence (on the left that is) Lol

Photobucket
Tingying and me

Photobucket
Jiahui (my twin!) and me

Photobucket
Me, Yicui, Youfen

Photobucket
Ben Ben and me

Photobucket
Gershon and me

Photobucket
My parents and me. If only Sis came too.

Met Michelle on my way to the main ballroom. For the uninitiated, Michelle is my JC Band mate =)) Her elder bro is graduating this year as well:
Photobucket

Ran into Jimmy on the way to the ballroom as well. He was my orientation mate and I took most of my Yr 1 core modules with Jimmy and were projects mates for Comms and Economics modules as well:
Photobucket

My seat number:
Photobucket

I find the Professors' gowns really cool:
Photobucket

After all the speeches and whatsnot, Econs students proceeded down to Level 2 Ballroom 3. Well of course, before the ceremony starts, it's all about photo taking:

Photobucket
Prof Winston Koh and me

My new friend for the day, Robin! He was sitting next to me (number 104) and we started to chat. Hahaha. It's amazing to think that we have been in the same fac for 4 years (with only 116 students in my batch of Econ) but never saw each other before. Lol. But destined to be friends on our last day as SMU students:
Photobucket

After awarding the degree, it was time for group shot!! Getting ready:
Photobucket

I bet you dunno where I am:
Photobucket
I dunno where I am as well. Ha

Phyllis came!! Thanks babe! =)):
Photobucket
Phyllis and moi =)))))


Photobucket
From Left: Phyl, me and Eve. Mini A04 gathering. Lol

Photobucket
Fortuna and me =)

I can't possibly put everything up coz I will go crazy having to resize everything..Haha.

It was an extremely tiring day given I didn't sleep much and there was much preparation work as well. Although some say I just need to attend, there's actually more than it meets the eye. I was totally restless for the whole of Sunday (didn't help that I slept at 4am and woke up at 8am) and almost overslept for work today. I so need to rest a few days man.

For those who didn't make it, still many thanks for congratulating me on my graduation =)

Now let me go find a dream job =)) Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top