Of a memorable day

September 15th is one memorable one.

I think if I have worked in an IB, my first day at work would have been traumatising instead of the current "exciting". Since my first day at work marked the sale of Merrill Lynch and the filing of Chapter 11 for Lehman Brothers. Lol.

I dunno to call this sadistic or what, but I am really excited to see what else unfolds. Of course I am worried about the onset of a Greater Depression. Who knows, 2008 might just replace 1929 in history about 50 years later. My grandkids (if any) will be reading about those in their case studies in Business School. Lol.

And...Being caught between the demise of a 158 year old bank which survived the 1929's Great Depression but not the Sub-Prime induced financial tsunami, and its employees selling Lehman Brothers cups and whatsnot with marked-up prices on eBay, I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

The ability to see a profitable opportunity in the midst of crisis - Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top