Tabula Rasa

This was the first new word I learned from my first class in S*M*U.

It was Creative Thinking and the name of the term project was Tabula Rasa - blank slate. We were supposed to build something out of nothing.

Yes I got an A plus for that. *smug*

Next week will be my last 4 days with S*tarwood - will be whisked off to a new place where I have to build my name, reputation, credibility all over again. Besides being in the same industry, my new role has completely nothing to do with my current job.

I was flipping through my valuation textbooks from school the other day and it warms my heart completely that I still found them familiar.

DCF models, WACC, Relative Pricing Model.

I recalled how reluctant I was to leave S*tarwood mainly because I guess I never quite visioned myself to leave my first job that fast - it's barely 2 years! Much as I'm born in the new school era, I guess my mentality with regards to career is rather old school. Hurhur.

R*ajit mentioned there will quite a number of things I will miss once I leave S*tarwood and I have no doubts about that. I guess sometimes there are moments in life, you cannot have all that you want.

At least I'm nearer to a desired career path than before =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top