Semi truth

And so I decided to put a stop to my allergies and see a proper good doctor. My sis recommended hers at P*aragon.

The moment I stepped in - besides knowing I have some rashes on my calf, the doctor took a close look at me and say "You are allergic to the environment, basically the air around you."

Me: "HUH"
Doctor: "Look at your eyes." Then she hands me a mirror.
Me: "But I've always had the bad habit of rubbing my eyes. Since young."
Doctor: "It's the way your eyes is trying to combat the allergy reaction." 

She pointed out that my perpetual flu like nose (including a stage of my life when I had sinus), irritable eyes and childhood asthma are all signs of my allergy to airborne irritants.

By the end of the almost one hour consultation, she passed me the mirror again.

Doctor: "Look at your eyes. They are better now." 

She had an air purifier in the room (I think). The verdict is "I'm sorry I can't cure you. It will always be with you and probably dormant for a really long time. But you can learn how to live and manage it. It's ok, such allergies are very common."

She mentioned allergy to the surroundings might just be one of the many things that could be irritating me. If I really wish to know every single detail, I can opt for a blood allergy test where it costs $700 bucks because the samples are sent to Australia for lab testing against about 700 types of chemicals, food and whatsnot. That's about $1 per chemical. HAHAHA.

But in return,  I get a full detailed report of what irritates me and how I can learn to keep away from them in future. HMM sounds like a good deal.

OMG I might as well live in a bubble la with pure good oxygen. Or maybe drag an oxygen tank around me. Hahahahaha. Now I have to go clear everything on my work station and my home desk as well. Good motivation to unclutter!

Richard says I have atas body system. HAHA

Good thing? It's not food allergy! Back to nom nom nom days. Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top