2011

And so the new year crept up on us unknowingly ;) I didn't have 2010 Resolutions last year so there's nothing to repost about. Hehe.

Nonsense aside, it was a year filled with growth - both mentally and spiritually.Breakup was good, new job is awesome. Visited Japan for the first time, saw snow for the first time, snowboard-ed for the first time, bowl-ed for the first time, left my first job, did a Tequila shot for the first time (in my entire life, yes), visited Philippines for the first time and of course many parts of the China for the first time.

2010 was an extremely fruitful year - despite the little glitch that happened mid last year where I got dumped. LOL. I remembered R*ichard and K*angxun telling me repeatedly it was a good end, don't brood over it. I thought they were crazy. Especially when I had a few certain gfs who told me because I wasn't tolerant enough towards his plight.

6 months has passed since and I can only say I'm glad to see R*ichard and K*angxun's point of view. I was speaking to C*hoon last night - he ended things with his ex of 7 years because he caught her cheating on her for the 3rd time and he figured it was really the last straw. I remembered picking him up when he was down and he picking me up when I was down and out. Now we are both at a better stage of our lives where he found a new love and will be getting married next year. And me? Happily enjoying the company of all my awesome friends ;)

He told me there's no way he can wipe away the last 7 years of his life - but he's happy there are no daily fights to deal with, no never-ending expectations to fill. And to that point, I'm happy I can talk about anything I want without having to worry if I have to hear a bitter point of view. I don't have to be kept on my toes, wondering if I will say anything wrong that will trigger another quarrel.

So R*ichard, K*angxun and C*hoon were right - things did turn out the better for me. Hehez ;)

That aside, new job was a major leap from my previous position. I find myself lost most of the time and constantly having to meet new expectations with every new project. Having to travel for work has always been a childhood dream of mine because I never got to travel as a kid. If I can put it, I'm living my childhood dream right now, travelling around Asia Pacific for work.

As for my hopes for 2011? Ok I haven't write a single one yet! I'll come up with something by the end of this week.

I hope. HAHAHAHA.

Taking it from Prof Koh:

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed" - Bernard Edmonds.

All in all, happy awesome year my dear friends! May this year more awesome-er than the last ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top