The passing of an iCon


I guess most people were expecting the day to arrive, especially after T*im C*ook over took in August. But I guess no one expected it to come so soon. Like how he held on till the release of iPhone 4S, and the news of his passing came like a final wry to his famous "and one more thing..".

Yes I am referring to the passing of Steven P Jobs.

Like most people, I've never met him. I hardly know him. I don't even own many A*pple products with the exception of an early Ipod Nano and my new iPhone.

But the sadness is overwhelming. I remembered getting the piece of news from my friend via Whatsapp. And like many people who were commuting on the train that day, we received the news via one of his coolest inventions this century - the iPhone.

I've never been the greatest fan of Apple, mainly because I didn't enjoy following what most people are crazy about. But I guess good products will eventually win people over. Me included.

I remembered watching this in 2008, when I just graduated. It was inspiring:-

That's when I started paying attention to Apple, to Steve Jobs.

He is the charming "crazy one", the round peg in q square hole, a genius who has reinvented so many of the things that we never knew could be made better, faster, and more beautiful. Of course, success can never be attributed to just one person. But I guess no one can deny his contributions to the 21st century.

"Here's to the crazy ones, the rebels, the troublemakers, the ones who see things differently. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

RIP, Steve Jobs. Thank you for making the world a better place and inspiring people this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top