Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed

So...I'm officially done with Book 2: Fifty Shades Darker. It's marginally better than Book 1: Fifty Shades of Grey since it focuses a lot more on Christian Grey's dark past and why he is into all this BDSM thingy. I think the whole series would do better if E.L James had bothered to develop this character a little more, with all that child abuse and being made Submissive by a cougar through most of his youth. Ana Steele is really quite a one-dimensional character, so there isn't much to develop for her.

Onto the 3rd book and this is really how I feel:
Fifty Shades Freed IS.SO.FREAKING.BORING. The.language.is.so.repetitive. Look, I can talk in SHOUTY CAPS and staccato too. It's affecting me in a bad way I swear. Haha. If I have to read another "inner goddess", "murmur/s", "whisper/s", "jeez", "he is so beautiful, he's my god", "oh my", "desire blooming in my belly", I'll probably go crazy. Haha. It's becoming quite a drag trying to finish it but I don't want to leave it hanging so...I'll have to persevere. I'm just thankful I didn't have to pay for this ebook.

Here's a tip that's helping me get through these books: Try picturing your favourite hottest Hollywood male star as Grey. It really makes the reading slightly more palatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top