F1 Weekend!

This is such a belated post. I'm totally up to my eyeballs with work on weekdays and catching up with my friends on weekends (lest I become friendless by the end of the year haha). Healthy lifestyle is me these days - sleeping before 11pm on weekdays and sometimes even earlier on weekends! Hahaha. The downside is I end up waking up really early and annoying everyone at home that is. Hurhur.

Maybe I will pick up cycling soon (besides my crazy Yoga and Pilates classes) so I can take my overwhelming energy levels elsewhere. Hahaha.

Okay, back to the F1 weekend.

As discussed earlier, I was extremely lucky to secure some room nights at one of the hotels along the F1 track for free! Well actually it is for work but who cares haha. The only downside is we have to change rooms every night but seriously small price to pay! Hurhur. Decided to bring the family over since it's always better to share the fun right :)

View of the track from our room: 


The nightview is amazinggggggggggggg. Such a blessing to be able to fall asleep to this view :)

Brought the parents out for dinner at Jack's Place (one of those restaurants far away enough to avoid all that F1 noise hahaha). It's always nice to pamper your parents:
We went out for a nice stroll around the Marina Bay area after dinner and spotted some nice locations which had great view of F1! Haha who need tickets! Haha.
Our room for Day 2! It didn't have a great view of the track like Day 1 but nonetheless! Still a nice room hurhur: 
Decided to bring the parents out for Thai dinner (oooo how we love Thai food) at Siam Kitchen. Suntec City was so quiet for such a happening weekend! :( 

As my mum put it: "One day you are just going to regret all that ugly shots of yourself". Oh well. 
Went wandering around Marina Square and caught crowds of people trying to capture F1. I guess it's just me but it's always so much more fun being outside the circuit (well unless I get pitstop tickets!) just having fun with random strangers trying to catch the best view of those crazily loud cars :)
Even with earplugs, the noise proved too much for my parents to handle so we made our way back after loitering around the area for almost an hour. 

Started Day 3 with a nice breakfast with my sister at Coffee & Toast (sadly this whole area has a rather depressingly small number of options for breakfast) while my parents ate breakfast in the hotel. I'm honestly quite sick of hotel breakfast because of the nature of my work so I'm happier eating something OUTSIDE. If only they serve fried carrot cake in the morning! GAH. I made do with chee cheong fan and my sister had mee siam. Haha. 
We sent our parents home after breakfast as my mum missed her plants and goldfishes and my dad misses his own bed. Hahaha. So I followed them home to grab some working clothes and went back to the hotel again. Had the room all to myself! As the renovation team has yet to release the last batch of rooms, I requested to stay in the same room I had for Day 2. It's still much nicer to watch F1 on TV (with all the birdeye views and stuff) I guess. 

Okay that wraps up my awesome F1 weekend! :) Can't be more grateful for those free room nights and precious weekend spent with the family. It was a short staycation but hey it was so so so fun :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top