Gloom

It's a gloomy day over at NYSE and of course across the financial markets. It's even painful to watch the financial news now.

Lehman filed Chapter 11. Merrill Lynch has been sold. Before all these was Freddie Mae and Fannie Mae. Before that was Bear Stearns. It's freaky to see these banking giants drop like houseflies.

Just like what Warren Buffett puts it:
When the high tide subsides, you will see who are the ones swimming without their trunks. And at Wall Street, everyone is butt naked.
How very apt.

Even Prof Koh says it shudders him to think what else is going to unfold from this crisis that is said to be the worst in 30 years.

The scariest thing?

No one knows if the end of sub-prime is even in sight.

Ron was saying it's time we go back to 1929 - The Great Depression. Well that's a scary thought.

PS: I had fun at work today. The corporate culture is wonderful and I love my colleagues. I look forward to the TGIF parties every alternate week. The only thing that freak me out is I'm afraid I will not be very useful to my department as of now. They assured me I will still be under guidance as of next month. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top