Moving on

There's always a good motivation to clear the junk out of the wardrobe. That is.....TO GET NEW CLOTHES!!!!

Clothes I chucked out yesterday:


I admit I've always been very lazy to dress up. Reasons in abundance...

1) I'm really going to school for learning SO comfort is very important

2) Our seminar rooms are really freezers in disguise to preserve the aging flesh of its undergrad population

3) And in view of point 2, I end up wrapping myself up like a bloody dumpling

4) Bloody dumplings only need basic outfits

5) I'm just plain lazy

6) I don't really care if I turn up in shorts and tee shirts in school because everyone else does that

7) I usually end up in school on weekends

8) Did I say lazy?


Ok on hindsight, they sound like plain excuses. Ok I'm lazy. Haha.

BUT I have redeeming factors okay. I like reading fashion magazines, watching fashion shows and beauty programmes. So I can say I have all the information but I never really utilize them on me.

I usually end up using on someone else.

And then other people come to dress me up - i become a blown up life size dressing toy on occasions. Because, they think I can do a lot of styles. Well, minus the fact I am vertically challenged and there are just some styles I can't do. Hahaha. No, don't get me to wear maxi dresses. I look like a kid in mum's wear. Haha

Now my wardrobe has been halved:

And the other wardrobe (yes I have 2) has mainly boring corporate suits and skirts that haven't seen daylight for the longest time:


In view of my determination to dress better after I start work, I chucked ALL my polo-tees (leaving only 4 in case I go cycling or do sports) and shirts. I have also chucked some clothes that fit at least one of the following criteria:

1) Plain weird - I dunno what I was tinking back then

2) Don't even know they existed - which means I have lived on with life without them previously, I can continue to live on with life without them in future

3) OMG category - honestly I dunno why I own them

4) Worn to death


Most are in 1 to 3 btw. Haha

I have this trend in life, I dress like shit to school, but I always dress nice when I work - because I have people to impress at workplace. When I was in HSBC, I always looked better. Even on weekends I dress nicer in case I run into colleagues out in town. When I was in China for internship, I looked professional.

Let's pray this trend continues. Haha.

In view that I am starting work next week where I am truly embarking on a 40-year corporate life (maybe shorter if I earn enough or marry some rich guy. Haha. Minus a few years in between if I am lucky enough to go for Masters.), I went out and got myself some boring corporate outfits again.

I'm not sure how the people dress over there so I will start off with boring and safe corporate wear first. Eventually...if I get to wear things like:


to work, I think it will make me pretty happy too. Haha.

Yea to new fashion life!

Somebody please give me a gentle reminder the next time I try to come out in shorts and tee-shirt again. Haha

I need dinner pronto. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top