The 21 kilometres

I did it.

I completed my first Half Marathon this morning - at timing of 3 hour of 15 min. I wasted about 20 min waiting for the toilet. Too much H2O I say! Hahaha.

They started early this year, which was good. By the time we were done, the sun wasn't even blazing hot and that makes hell of a difference.

The route was beautiful, covering most of Singapore's icons like the The Flyer, Esplanade, Clarke Quay, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage et cetera. Most importantly the weather is beautiful and it was overall a cool run.


My knee started to ache at the 13km mark and I had to walk and limped jogged for the rest of it. Not fun. But the conversations of the NS boys sure kept me entertained. Hahaha. 

Shall take a one week breather and start prepping for the StanChart half marathon at the end of the year! I shall aim for a better timing at below 3 hours. Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top