Chronicle of the Chinese General

I've been having weird dreams these last few days. And the strangest of them all is the fact that they were all linked together.

It started a few nights ago - where the backdrop of the dream was placed against ancient China. How do I know? Based on the surroundings, people riding horses and sitting on carts as forms of transport. The houses were old and big and well the characters in my dream appeared to be Chinese. I didn't remember much of the earlier portions of the dream but somehow the one last night brought everything together! 

I started the dream, young. Based on my vague memory of it, my level  of sight was barely above the table and I was running around most of the time with a few other children. I could feel it, I was happy. Very very happy, in the dream. 

The dream progressed into my teenage years I think because war broke out and I remember seeing the chaos down in the main city from where I lived, right on top of a couple of hills. I was taken away from my big Chinese mansion (or they call it 四合院). I think I was conscripted into the army or something. I remember reaching my hands out and calling out to my parents. They were left crying at the doorsteps and soldiers held them down to make sure they didn't follow after me. 

Somehow visions fast forward - and I was riding on a horse. I was going home. I can still remember how I felt in the dream as I'm writing this down. I was exhilarated, full of expectations. I was going home. Maybe the war has ended. I was followed by a group of soldiers who called me 统帅 - presumably a pretty high rank in army hurhur. 

I remembered riding the path back to the old Chinese mansion. But all I saw was an old, run-down mansion. Empty, unattended, pretty much a shadow of its former self. 

One thing stood out - there was a rotting black horse carcass right in the central area of the mansion. I remember disappointment washed over me in the dream. The people I was looking for wasn't there anymore. 

And then my dad woke me up. It's time I go to work - back to reality that is. 

Eeps. I wonder what this dream meant. Maybe I was a Commander-in-Chief in my previous life. HAHAHAHA.

Or maybe I should just stop doing work and using so much internet to surf nonsense before I sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top