Turning 26

And so another year whizzed by and I've crossed over the wrong side of my 20s.

BAHHHH I'm no longer in my early 20s :( Hahahaha.

One year older. One year wiser. A few more steps closer to know what I want in life. A few more lessons learned about life.

I learnt that:
...I'll not always be loved by my superiors and that there are nasty ones out there who will not watch my back for me.
...there are people out there who wants to put you down. Even if it means going out of their way to do it.
...I'm not all formidable and the ever-sunshine everyone thought I was.
...despite me having the mega ego that I'm awesome - I can have my morale and confidence all torn apart.

More importantly, I learned that:
...it's okay to cry and tell yourself "don't worry, rest today and try again tomorrow".
...somethings are really not meant to be held on.
...I should never let anyone tell me how lousy I am.
...there are many people (if you care to find) who wants to be there, to love and support you.
...my family do love me a lot more than I thought.
...at the end of the day, holding love and forgiveness in your heart is truly more rewarding.
...the world is huge and gorgeous. And thanks to my previous work, I experienced what it is like to live a life out of a suitcase.
...I could finish half marathon and not die

Above all, I learnt there's a someone (who's neither family nor BFFs for the last decade or more) who loves me more than I love myself (rather impossible if you ask my close pals about how narcissistic I am. Ha!). Thanks B for the wonderful celebration at Prive @ Keppel Bay and the fun throughout the day :) I'll let you know what I want for my birthday soon lah! :D


For the 26 year-old Yu*Hui, I wish for you to stay positive, stay passionate about the things you do, stay true to yourself, love the ones who truly cares and heck the ones who doesn't matter. Drown out the voices of naysayers and most importantly, live the life true to your heart and not the one someone else wants you to. 

Cheers to another awesome year ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top