Because my gut said so

So I've been getting some notes from friends about an update about my job/job hunt. Hurhur so here goes.

Besides the 3 job offers I turned down previously, I shamelessly turned down another 2. Key reasons for turning down: (1) Unusually probing questions into the status of my ex-employers (2) Man we so do not click. At this point in time, I'm considered half-employed - meaning I'm hired as a Consultant for one of the dream companies that I long to work for, albeit not on a full time basis. The current level of projects they have at this moment, really doesn't justify hiring another headcount. That aside, I do appreciate the MD giving me a project to devour on for the last 2 months, when he could have easily dismiss me since he couldn't convince all the heads in Asia to agree on hiring another person in times where project levels are not at an all-time-high. The project earned me really good money, and one small little badge on my resume too :)

So I'm currently on a available-for-projects-that-may-require-an-additional-helping-hand status - of course I'm free to go as and when another offer comes knocking by. The MD was very sweet as well to offer help that if he came across similar opportunities within or outside of the company, he would have me recommended first. That's real sweet of him :) Although I must say the role I'm fighting to get in, is a pretty niche one. This situation certainly reminds me a famous quote from "The Last Lecture" -

"Brick walls are there not to stop you, but to show you how much you want something." - Dr. Randy Pausch

I have another pending offer (meaning if I were to say "Yes" that role would definitely be mine) and another interview next week. Not too keen on the interview because it's not exactly a core part of my career path, more of agreeing to meet because I'm pretty interested in the background of the company. The only reason I'm not saying Yes to the pending offer is because I have 2 headhunters and 1 close mate discouraging me from joining the firm - "It's too messy" they say, "unless you want it as just a placeholder to gain some experience while waiting." Hmm. Will ponder about that.

All in all, discounting the 2 paid months I was on the project, I'm officially unemployed for around 2 months already. The horrors!, one may say. Trust me, I have my moments of uncertainty too (just ask my BF or my bro how annoying I've been ranting about worries and fears that seriously, don't exist) - but at this point I would like to let my hopes and dreams be greater than my fears. Especially since my greatest fear is to sign into another role just because I feel the rush/urgency to do so. I've learned my lesson once with my previous employer, my guess is I won't want to subject myself to that again. Hahaha.

So continue to cross the fingers and pray hard! :)


I've found it, Mr. Jobs. Just that I'm taking some time to find the right company to grow it :)


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:38 PM

    It's not going to easy but I'm sure you will know if it's worth it!

    Chezz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Glad that you found what you want in life. I'm still searching...

    fauz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Hi there,

    I am a silent reader of your blog and definitely feel you when it comes to hunting for that right job. Especially so when the previous one was such a nasty experience.

    I hope you find something you love!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top