Being grateful

Today I want to talk about gratefulness. For the good things that has happened so far.

I spoke previously about a favourable piece of news but didn't elaborate much on it as I had to deal with some personal affairs and plus I had yet to sign it yet. Since it has been confirmed and signed, I think its safe to talk about it :)

YAY I HAVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE FOR MY NEW ROLE!!!! It took quite some time between the verbal offer and final amendments of details of the contract. I managed to push for some stuff and I am so so glad they were more than willing to oblige! Hahaha :) I'll be starting work this coming Monday and to be honest I'm pretty psyched :) At least many senior people in my field knows my direct report well and have good reviews about him. Now that's a real bonus :) One of my team mates is a friend of one of the directors in my previous firm. World is so crazily small! Haha. My first day at work is going to jammed pack as budget reviews starts on Day 2! Hahaha. I'm already looking forward to it.

The signing took place 2 days ago so I made sure I left house early. I was at the bus-stop when I realized I left something at home so I had to go back. Upon stepping out my house the second time, my bag snapped and tore! HAHAHA. Surprisingly, my first reaction was laughing out loud. And at that very moment, I received a call from the HR that our meeting would be pushed back half an hour as she has something to attend to! Tell me about being lucky and I will share with you this incident over and over again :)

I didn't have a spare bag (speaking of which, I got laughed at by my male friends that I should really start shopping for more stuff...) so I had to use..... my laptop bag. It was too funny. You have no idea how many weird comments I got throughout the day as I attend my lunch and coffee appointments with my ex-colleagues and friends.

There's been many small great things happening these days - in this moment of solitude (I'm not allowed to talk about here), I've learned to count the little blessings in life. And all I can say is, it's a nice feeling to have :)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 PM

    Congrats! - ChrisZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Hi there! Good to hear you found something you like!

    -CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. SoooooOOOO Happy for you! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Well done lady!

    - Shinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:50 PM

    Sounds good!~ Congrats! - Eraz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:16 AM

    Hi there,

    I've been following your blog for a while :) It's great to know all the months of waiting has paid off! Congratulations!

    - Silent R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the love and support! :) I'm immensely grateful for all the blessings from everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top