One week in a post

Oh my, it's been almost a week since my last post! Work is stealing me away from my virtual life.

Work was hectic for a first week - because it was right smacked in the budget period which involved reviewing budget figures of over 30 hotels within 3 days. I cannot emphasize how lucky I am to be able to familiarize myself with ALL the properties within my first week of work! Hahaha. It sure was tiring but it really helped me understand views of the senior management and the properties over the few days. I don't understand everything and certainly does not remember all that have been discussed, but I'm really grateful for all my team mates and team leader who were always there whenever I have a question! :)

Speaking of my team...gosh I love them so much! I guess having a team that comprises of members within the same age group really does make a difference! :) Hahaha. My team leader is probably in his mid-30s and the rest of us are just 2-3 years apart from each other! I love the area we sit together as well because of how we could just chat away while working! (and no one really cares! Hahaha.)

My job scope has been expanded to take into account what I mentioned as part of my career plans during the interview - amazing! This offer is a lot better than I've expected it to be in so many ways! I am extremely grateful :) To the greater powers above and beyond, a big thank you! :)

Besides the work part, I finally managed to match my timetable to the weekend yoga and hot yoga classes over at Fitness First. Finally! After 2 years! Hahaha. It was one hell of a Saturday morning, covering 3km on the treadmill and 3 straight hours of Pilates, Yoga and Hot Yoga thereafter. I am aching in every possible way one can imagine... Hahaha. But I love it! I think I'm just going to do that every Saturday morning and maybe aim for the Power Yoga class on Sunday!

While every part of my life is really working out wonderfully right now, I understand there are some personal issues I would need to put to rest. Somehow, some day, in certain ways. I'm sure it will eventually work its way out :) In the wake of a new day, new week, new hope, let's put our best foot forward guys!

Nothing ends this post better than American wartime propaganda "We can do it!" poster ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top