Shanghai Trip (Nov 2015) - Day 1

It just dawned to me that I have not updated the blog on my trip to Shanghai last November (god that was last year). Time is just passing by too quickly! :O

Popped by to Shanghai to visit the boy again last year. It was also the boy's request for me to be in same city as him during my birthday week. Hurhur. Look who gave me such a warm welcome at the airport! I must say although it was really sweet, I did burst out laughing. Hahaha. #NotASweetGirlfriend


Contrary to the previous time I was in town (where we rushed around like mad to Suzhou and Hangzhou), we decided that this trip will be as slow paced as we can afford to. We would stay in bed till we are ready to roll out of it (the cold weather out there certainly helps!). It was a slow Saturday (after we did laundry and popped by the supermarket) and we decided to pay GuCun Park a visit.

It's one of the biggest forest parks in Shanghai and you can take Line 7 to the station by the same name (GuCun Park). It's about a 10 min walk from the train station. 

We got there in the late afternoon and the park was not crowded at all. Apparently early winter/late autumn is not the best season to visit the park (scroll down the photos and you will know why) and that explains why it was so empty. Doesn't help that it was very cold as well - a nice 14 degrees but the winds were really strong.



Boy decided to get some osmanthus cake - it tasted okay. 













As you can tell, most of the trees are bare and it just looks extremely sad. Hahaha. The park was VERY empty, it almost felt like we had the whole area to ourselves. 

Would I recommend this park? Yes if you are a nature lover since they have an extensive area and selection of greenery. However, do go in spring or summer, I believe it will be way more gorgeous! 

By the time we ended our walk through the area (20 hectares!), it was already dinner time and we headed back to JingAn Temple area (you can take a train down Line 7 as well) since the boy wanted me to try this awesome restaurant near his workplace. We settled for The Dining Room - which serves authentic Shanghainese food.






The food was excellent and I love the deco of the restaurant very much - it feels very homely and I think this can be my reference for future home renovation ;) 

That wrapped up my very uneventful first day in Shanghai. Hahaha. Told you we were going as slow paced as we can afford! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top