2012

I'm extremely stuffed from all that Christmas food at home - so that's day 4 of my state of food coma. Will be locking myself in the gym next week man. Hahaha. Don't get me wrong, I'm still grateful for the company of all these amazing people in this festive season :) Oh yes, the food and gifts too :) Hurhur. 

Amid all the eating, drinking, partying and gift receiving/giving, it's also time of the year to give thanks for all the amazing things that have taken place in the last 11 months and to welcome yet another awesome year with a grateful heart :) 

2012 was well.... eventful. An extremely unpleasant working experience and a sizeable amount of wallowing in self-pity took up the bulk of my 2012. I reported to an emotionally abusive boss, was completely demoralized about my future career path, got fired for no apparent reason, threw myself into 6 months of joblessness and ended my rocky love relationship. Looking back, it has been quite a ride.

It has however, also became a year of discoveries for me. That I could be a true blue Debbie Downer if something hit me hard enough. That I have the potential to turn bitter. That real naysayers do exist, and in definite abundance. That I really do love hotels. That when some things are not meant to last, they are not meant to last. That no one can take away your self-worth unless you allow them to.

Being Debbie Downer made me miss my jovial self very much and I'm more than happy to have her back now :) Most importantly, I never want to lose her again! Niahaha. I guess sometimes things need to happen for one to understand only you know what's best for you. So to all you peepz out there who can't stand me being the forever energizer bunny, too bad guys. I got her back and I ain't ditching her again. So deal with it. Hahahaha. I've learn that naysayers exist not to run you down, but to fortify what you want/don't want in life. So instead of resisting them, embrace them. There's no need to get defensive or break down under their words. Let them probe about your passions or capabilities - acknowledge them and then surpass them. Simple as that. Last but not least, sometimes when you feel that a certain relationship is not a good fit, you are probably right. Don't ignore what your heart or your inner voice tells you. Most of the time, they are eerily accurate.

This year has shown me one thing - that like what my friends have been telling me for years, I'm truly a very blessed child. Clearly, much have happened this year so that I have access to better things. I guess Ted Mosby (for you How I Met Your Mother fans) was right when he said "Things fall apart for better things to fall in. You just have to believe in it.". And things have turned out just like what the director in my previous company said, "Everything will get better. It always does." 10 months ago, I sat in his room, thinking that he was mad when he was speaking those exact words. But now, I see what he meant. 

I've come a long way for 2012, or at least I'll like to think that way. Hurhur. 


Sometimes instead of looking how far we are from our goals, we need to celebrate how far we've come as well :). I certainly am miles away from where I expect myself to be but I'm equally thankful what a long way I've come today. 

Will need to start cleaning the bedroom and work on those plans for 2013! 

Till then, make merry and enjoy the festive season with your very loved ones :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top