H2 2013

June is over before I even knew it started.

So that half year mark has passed :) I didn't set too many goals for myself at the beginning of the year. After getting rid of an emotional draining boss and ending a mid-term relationship (since it ain't short or long enough hehz), all I had wished for myself was to be a better person, and to walk out of all that doom and gloom of 2012. Ok fine, looking back it wasn't THAT bad. Reminder to self: things always feels worse when you are in them, and it is what it is, just a feeling. ;)

In the last 6 months, I stopped taking a sarcastic dig at my ex-boss (even when I had a chance to while chilling with the ex co folks), moved on from my last relationship (you can tell when you are neutral even hanging out with a group of friends with him), completed Sundown 21.1km, started travelling for work, fought for better opportunities in office, attended many investment conferences, made (many) new friends, finished my Elementary Bahasa Indonesia lessons and started on Intermediate, gave gym time priority, got spoiled entirely by friends who took me out to amazing dining places to satisfy my gastronomic desires and hosted a wedding for the first time. I'm pretty sure there's more but my memory is absolutely failing me. As usual.

What the last 6 months taught me was - when you start focusing on the things you want and love to do, all other negativity in your life melts away. It's one of those life lessons you preach endlessly to your friends but sometimes falls short on following it yourself.

At this mid-year checkpoint, I aim to do more for myself, be a better friend, child, team mate and person.

Will be kickstarting my second half of 2013 with a trip to Kota Kinabalu. Off to climb Mount Kinabalu next week! I haven't start packing my bag, so essentially I'm psyched but totally unprepared. So I better get down to buying my hiking shoes tonight and start climbing some stairs in them.

Can't wait to strike off another item off the 2013 to-dos and of course that ever-growing bucket list :)

Onward to an equally (or more) impressive 6 months!

1 comment:

Back to Top