Random musings on relationships

It's midnight and I have a whole load of work to clear. This is such a workend - you like know working weekend. Hahahaha.

But nothing stops me from attending Hidayah's solemnization this evening at the mosque. First time in a mosque, first time hearing the prayers (I love how they make it so melodious) and definitely my first Muslim solemnization ceremony! I promise I will post more photos after the wedding ceremony tomorrow (we will all be in kebaya)!

I know I always end up NOT posting, but I promise I will do that tomorrow.

This clique of 6 girls - I can't even begin to say how important these bunch of ladies are to me :) By the end of this year, 3 of them would be married (with 1 being a mum by then!) and the 4th will wed next February. Shufen and I were conversing about this while on our way to the mosque this evening, where she mentioned part of her is ready to settle down but part of her still enjoys her single moments. So we concluded that she hasn't met that someone she's willing to throw aside her singlehood for. Hahaha.

What about you, she asked? Anyone after the last one? My last relationship made me felt tired of being in one, I said. The drama, the emotions, the bickering over minute things that could go on for weeks - I certainly don't miss any of those. I don't miss being entirely responsible for someone's happiness or unhappiness. I don't miss over-explaining myself about the excessive male friends I have - I'm sorry that I don't have many female friends. I am, however, completely happy with being on my own right now - going for dinner dates as and when, travelling for work without having to appease a sulking face or work really hard without having to answer to someone why I have no time for him.

As I go through more weddings this year, I started to ask myself if I ever had someone in my life so far whom I would want to walk down that aisle with? Someone I could say those vows while staring into his eyes and not have a single moment of regret? There isn't any. Oh. M. Gee.

But I would marry myself if I could. Hahahaha.

Does that make me someone unsuitable for another round of long-term relationship? I'm not sure. Maybe this feeling will eventually fade away, which I hope. At the end of the day, I think I still want to be married and probably have kids who are as annoying as me. But at this point in time, I just can't.

Holy, it's 12.17am right now. I have work to do and videos to watch on how to tie a batik skirt.

Meanwhile, have an amazing rest-of-the-weekend folks! I will be back (I swear I will be) with more pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thats a clear sign of being a workaholic babe! But well if the right one doesn't come by, no use wasting effort and time as well. haha

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top